Parts for the
New Process 435 Transmission
The NP435 has proven to be one of the best transmissions ever built. Their unique design influenced a generation of transmissions to follow.
We offer nearly all parts at the component level, and our master rebuild kit, which includes the most thorough collection of parts offered anywhere.
The Master Kit
Our master rebuild kit has been assembled for our customer's rebuilds as well as our own. It is the most complete kit we know of. It features all the typical consumable and wear item components, and includes items that are not usually supplied by others, such as the selective front shims, top cover rebuild kit, updated 3rd-4th synchro ring assembly, fork inserts, etc.
It is very common for our customers to do top-level rebuild work, using good methods and by following our included instruction guide.
We suggest the rebuilder have access to a set of snap ring pliers and a small arbor press, in addition to standard shop tools.
Essentially all parts for the NP435, including gears, shafts, etc. are available new and affordably so. Contact us.
For your reference, all asterixed * items below are included in our master rebuild kit, above.
Items indicated with a double asterix ** below are not available singly, but are included in our master rebuild kit, above.
Items indicated with a triple asterix *** below are not available singly, but are included in assembly #25 below.
Items indicated with a "‡" are not available singly, but are included in the Small Parts Kit, #A below.
Uncommon & early ball bearing version only
4c. Slinger, oil, input shaft bearing
8. Bearings, needle roller, mainshaft pilot (14) *
9. Washer, retaining *‡
10. Ring, snap, retaining*‡
13. Bolt & lockwasher
18. Bearing race, thrust, cluster gear **
20. Gasket, rear, countershaft retainer *
(Not currently available)23. Bolt & lockwasher
25. Assembly, synchronizer, 3rd - 4th, includes aluminum rings & slider, one-piece bonded style, updated
28. Ring, snap, retaining, 3rd-4th syncrho hub (early ball bearing input design only) *‡
29. Bearing, thrust, needle rollers, 3rd-4th synchro hub face (later, front tapered bearing version only) ** 30. Hub, synchronizer, 3rd - 4th gear ***
33. Ring, snap, retaining, split, 2nd gear *‡
34. Ring, snap, retaining, 2nd gear synchro ring *‡
36. Spring, flat, coil, 1st-2nd gear syncrhonizer
- Novak carries various good used versions. Contact us with your application.
42. Gear, speedometer drive (2wd models) varies
- Novak carries various good used versions. Contact us with your application.45. Bolt & lockwasher
47. Nut, mainshaft yoke, 1" x 20, 1-1/2" socket (some models)
48. Ring, snap, retaining *‡
49. Washer, needle bearing retaining*
50. Bearings, needle roller, reverse idler gear (68) *(some models only)
51. Washer, needle bearings separator * (some models only)
52. Race, inner, needle bearing
Key items of interest:
Transmission Shifter Control Housing Top Cover Kits & Components
For your reference, all asterixed * items below and shaded in red on the above diagram are included in our top cover small parts kit #SP291-50Y. Diagramed items shaded in green are in our #SLR-176K shift retention kit.
Items indicated with a "‡" are not available singly, but are included in the top cover small parts kit, #A below.A. Kit, top cover rebuild (see #SP291-50Y, adjacent)
B. Kit, shifter retention (see #SLR-176K, adjacent)
3. Boot, mini, shifter tower housing
4. Cap, retaining, transmission shifter stick
5. Washer, domed, shifter stick seat
6. Spring, shifter stick seat
7. Stick, shifter cane (see, adjacent)
8. Pins, shifter stick alignment *‡
9. Plugs, expansion, shift rail bores *‡
15. Plunger, shifter interlock, reverse lug
16. Spring, shifter interlock, reverse lug *‡
17. Gate, gearshift reverse, front
18. Clip, C-style, reverse shift lug plunger *‡
19. Pin, roll, shifter interlock *‡
20. Interlock, shift rail *‡
21. Spring, shifter poppet *‡
22. Ball, shifter poppet *‡
23. Rail, shifter, reverse
24. Rail, shifter, 3rd-4th
25. Interlock, shift rail *‡
26. Spring, shifter poppet *‡
27. Ball, shifter poppet *‡
28. Pin, roll, shifter interlock *‡
35. Pin, roll, shift rail interlock *‡
36. Spring, shifter poppet *‡
37. Ball, shifter poppet *‡
38. Rail, shifter, 1st-2nd
39. Interlock, shift rail *‡
Key Items of Interest: