The TH350 is such a popular transmission, and one of our most requested TurnKey automatics. They are compact for the shorter Jeeps, yet extremely versatile and durable. More in-depth information is here.
Every transmission gets carefully disassembled and is deep-cleaned and inspected before assembly. New clutches, seals, bushings, bearings, and gaskets are assembled to specs that exceed OEM V8 levels. LubeGuard additive is included for longevity and shift quality. A drain plug is installed to allow easier maintenance and fluid/filter changes and every Novak-built TH350 gets a recalibrated valve body and a reconfigured governer.
One great advantage is that we will install the appropriate Novak transfer case adapter and output shaft during the build. This saves you having to open up the transmission to install the output shaft or paying to have it done. That along with our package discounted price, saves you time, money and potential problems. Transmission to engine adapters (if necessary) are available and in addition to the pricing as listed below. Please inquire.
Factory Style Build vs. Adapted Build
Our factory style builds are OEM style replacement transmissions using the applicable GM output shaft, but that may require the use of the vehicle owner's original tailhousing (either 2wd or 4wd) to complete the installation.
Adapted builds are designed primarily for installation into Jeep vehicles and include the installed aftermarket Novak output shaft, adapter kit and urethane crossmember rear mount, as indicated for the customer's scenario.
Transfer Case Adaptability
Your TH350 can be ordered ready to join (or joined) to the following Jeep transfer cases:
Dana 18, 1941-1971
Dana 20, 1962-1979
Dana 300, 1980-1986
We can do a full rebuild of your transfer case if you ship it to us. Many upgrades components are available. It will be pre-installed to the transmission, dyno tested as an assembly and ready to install in your Jeep.
Level I, $1230. ($1715., adapted)
Our "Stock Plus" transmission that meets or exceeds the factory original version integrating a few key improvements over the originals, including:
- A fully rebuilt OEM quality torque converter is installed
- Built to V8 specifications
- TransGo shift kit is installed for strength and improved shift quality
- New OEM spec clutches & band are installed
- 5-disc direct clutch pack (+1 clutch)
- New modulator
- A drain plug is added to the pan for future convenience
Level II, $1420. ($1895., adapted)
Includes all the features of our Level I transmission above, with the following additional features:
- 1st & 2nd shift reprogamming kit (will hold lower gears at any RPM when that gear is selected)
- Alto Red Eagle clutch discs
- Wide direct drum bushing
- Center support with wide sprag
- Hardened intermediate roller clutch & outer race
- High performance, furnace brazed torque converter with a stall of 1600-1800 (best for Jeeps with a power bias in the lower revs)
Level III, $1620. ($2090., adapted)
Our "all-out" transmission addressing even more subtle areas needing improvements. Additional time consuming steps are taken to assure maximum strength and life including minimizing clearances and other blueprinting steps. We can customize this transmission even further for specific needs including full manual control, trans. brakes, race spec converters, Kolene steels, harder race spec shifts, etc. For level III transmissions we prefer to talk with you to make sure that you get the best transmission for your application as these units can get highly specialized.
- Includes all features of Level II, plus the following:
- Raybestos Blue Plate Special clutches
- Improved oiling & cooling
- Minimized clearances (a.k.a., blueprinting)
- Upgraded to double sun gear bushings from two to four
- Wide gear pump
- High performance, furnace brazed torque converter with stall choices of 1600-1800 (best for Jeeps with power bias a in the lower revs) or 1800-2200 (best for mildly modified engines with RV cams, etc) or 2200-2600 (performance torque converters for race-oreinted or more radical cam timing.). Choose your stall speed to closely match where your engine's torque curve starts.
The TH350 will most commonly be installed against a GM engine please specify Chevrolet or Buick/Olds/Pontiac bolt pattern.
The TH350 may also be used with AMC I6 & V8 engine applications with our #437AMC adaptor kit. If ordered with a transmission, we will install it on the transmission.
We can also integrate your TH350 into a full Turnkey powertrain package with engine, transmission, transfer case and controls all assembled, tested and ready to install in your vehicle.
Your transmission package is palleted, wrapped, fully insured and ready to bolt into your application. Novak will seek the best competitive shipping rates with our extensive trucking networks. It will arrive at a location of your choosing, though we strongly recommend a business location with a dock / forklift for delivery, as residential and liftgate fees can add up to an extra $100. per delivery.
How to Order
Because of the many variations involved, we encourage you to contact us directly by phone or e-mail. We will help you put together your transmission to best fit your requirements.