The Novak #SK2XC Cable Shifter Assembly for the
Jeep New Process / New Venture Models
231 & 242 Transfer Cases
The popularity of Novak's original #SK2X shifter kit has spawned this next generation of cable shifter for the Jeep 231 and 242 transfer cases, as found in 1986-2006 Jeep TJ and XJ vehicles.
The Novak Shifter Kit
This cable shifter assembly replaces everything below the factory shift handle, including the z-bar linkage, tunnel mount bracket, transfer case mount bracket and shifter pivot.
The factory shift handle is entirely retained.
All neceessary hardware is included and installation can be done in as few as two hours.
Adjusting the shifter for optimum use is straightforward and this is detailed in our instruction package.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Restore and improve shifting action in Jeeps with suspension and especially body lifts and tummy tucks
- Provide a clean shifting mechanism for conversion transmissions (manual or automatic) being adapted to the Jeep transfer cases
- Provide a crisp shifting feel and greater sense of control to the driver of the Jeep
- Eliminate shifter kick-outs and resulting transfer case damage by replacing problematic factory linkages
- The shift pattern is maintained from factory when installed, i.e. 2 High, frontmost and 4 Low, rearmost
- Fully compatible with modified "2 Low" NP231's
- The factory shift handle is retained
- No need to remove the factory console
- You don’t have to remove the front yoke or driveshaft
Our Control Cable
We've researched many types and brands of control cable, and we enthusiatically specify and provide our customers with the best we've ever seen. It features:
- Heavy-duty crimped ends
- Stainless steel cable
- Industrial grade, high-temp outer sheath
- Super-low friction, teflon liner
- Tight bend radius featuring no-bind resistance clear down to 5"
- All US made
|By using an extremely low friction cable, installation and use is a snap. There is no need to remove the factory shift handle assembly in the floor and console.|
|Keep your factory shift handle for an OEM look and ease of installation.|
Note on Counterfeit Shifter Kits
We've learned of and have acquired copied (albeit poorly) shifter kits on the market pretending to the Novak name and design. Its bracketry and especially its cable are of poor quality and we will be unable to warranty failures of such. If you purchased your kit from another retailer and are shorted parts, instructions as many of their customers have had, or have had a cable failure, please pursue any warranty or return with them.